[gradsusr] diurnal average

Clark, Douglas B. dbcl at ceh.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 11:07:21 EST 2011

Mubashar,

You can do something like:

'set t 1 4'
# t=400 would be 100 days. Change to the number of timesteps in your 22 years or data.
'define tave=ave(tair,t+0,t=400,4)'
'modify tave diurnal'

This will calculate the mean diurnal cycle (and make it a "climatological" variable) although, as Alan Robock said, you can't really get much information about the diurnal cycle from 6-hourly data.

Doug