[gradsusr] Eliminate Station Plot Circle

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Mar 8 08:42:52 EST 2011

On Mar 7, 2011, at 6:08 PM, LeeJoice, Robert N wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’m working with osvw data and would like GrADS not to plot the
> station circle for station data (see attached).  Is makes wind barbs
> less than an ideal visualization.  Is that possible?
The circle is there to show the cloud cover, so there isn't a setting
to disable it.

> A possible work around would be the creation of a file with 0.0 for
> u and v with a display of the background color to remove, but I
> figure I better ask the question first of coding such a solution.
If u or v is 0.0, then GrADS won't draw the barb -- it draws a bigger
circle to indicate calm wind. I was able to mask out the circle by
overlaying another display with 'gxout stnmark' drawn with the
background color.

size=0.1
'set digsiz 'size
'set ccolor 1'