[gradsusr] Meridional gradient?

Jeffrey Duda jdduda at iastate.edu
Mon Jun 27 11:26:56 EDT 2011

Since dx is dependent on latitude, the contour plot for dx is correct.  The
largest values of dx are going to be at the equator where there is the
largest meridional distance between longitude lines.

For your dy plot, I guess we need to make sure you actually have a latitude
variable in your data.  Try just 'd lat'.  You should not get a constant
value.  If that doesn't work, send me either the .ctl file or the result of
ncdump -h if your data is coming from a netCDF file.

Jeff