[gradsusr] WebGrADS - a cloud based version of GrADS in your browser

Daniel da Silva ddasilva at umd.edu
Thu Jun 23 21:18:36 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 4:21 AM, Marc Stonestreet <
marc.stonestreet1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Daniel - so cool!!!
>
> It worked straight off - kind of does away with the need to constantly
> recompile all the supplibs and get the correct versions as one upgrades the
> source hey?
>
> That is one big benefit!

> A question : Will my scripts run straight off? They are mostly for
> monsoondata. Do I just use the 'run' command as usual?
>
> Unfortunately right now you cannot run your scripts (unless your scripts
happen to be shipped with opengrads). In general, the browser can't access
your files unless you explicity upload them. In the future I would like to
have a feature where you can upload your scripts and run them on WebGrADS.

> Is documentation available somewhere?

I'm working on documentation now; hope to have some up soon.

Cheers,
Daniel