[gradsusr] Sum daily values for precipitation

Rafanoharana Serge Claudio rafanoharana at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 14:19:24 EDT 2011

Dear Gabriel,

In order to obtain the total precipitation within a month, you can just
'define acc=sum(pcp, t=1, t=31)'.
If I really understand what you want is that you would like to display both
daily and accumulation within one graphic. If so, it's a little bit tricky
but what I can suggest is that if you want to display both within one
graphic, try to set gxout linefill since linefill can deal with 2 variables,
then go back to set gxout line so it will be something like:

'sdfopen file.nc'
'set lat -23'
'set lon -45'
'set t 1 31'
'define acc=sum(pcp, t=1, t=31)'
'set gxout linefill'
'set lfcols 0 0'    (----> this is black color and you can refer to
http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/colorcontrol.html)
'd pcp;acc'         (up til here, you have only the x and y value, without
the graphs, so you need to plot the graph)
'set gxout line'
'set ccolor 3'
'd pcp'
'set ccolor 5'