[gradsusr] Sum daily values for precipitation

Rafanoharana Serge Claudio rafanoharana at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:21:02 EDT 2011

Dear Gabriel,

What do you mean by "in the same graphic"? because I think it will depends
on that. For your precipitation data, if you set your gxout to shaded, I
think you won't see both values, but if you set your gxout, for example to
contour, you'll be able to see both.

Let's say your precipitaion variable is "pcp". It will be something like:
'sdfopen file.nc'
'set gxout contour'
'define acc=sum(pcp, t=1, t=31)'
'd pcp'
'd acc'

So if you need for the day 17, just set t to 17 by adding 'set t 17' right
after 'sdfopen...'
In addition, you can write your accumulation variable to your file using
'set sdfwrite file.nc' followed by 'sdfwrite acc'.
Maybe the following will give you more info.

I quote from Bob Kuligowski:

"GrADS can produce numerous types of file displays using gridded data using
set gxout:

bar    (bar chart)
line    (line graph)
barb    (wind barbs)
linefill (color fill between two lines)
contour    (contour plot)
scatter    (scatter plot)
errbar    (error bars)
shaded    (shaded contour plot)
grfill    (shaded grid boxes)
stream    (wind streamlines)
fgrid    (grid boxes shaded for specified values)
vector    (wind vector arrows)
grid    (grid boxes with printed values)"

Hope it can help,

Regards,

Serge

2011/6/21 gabriel gavinho <gavinho.gabriel at gmail.com>

> Dear Users
>
> I am having a hard time trying to sum the values for daily precipitation
> during a month, in order put together both daily values and the accumulative
> sum in the same graphic
>
> Can you help me?
>
> regards!
>
> Gabriel Gavinho