[gradsusr] Political boundaries in Europe

Yaqiang Wang yaqiang.wang at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 23:34:58 EDT 2011

There are many shape file resources online such as the website
http://www.diva-gis.org/Data . You can download and use the shape
files as map directly in GrADS. Detailed information could be found at
http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/shapefiles.html .

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:58 AM, jagabandhu panda <jagabandhu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think one can download the coast line data from the national geographic
> center, NOAA from the following website and use it
>
> www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/coast
>
> This data will come in filename.dat format or in text format. However, I am
> not sure how to use this data in grads. I am also trying to use it. Some one
> who is quite experienced in grads and knows this, may help us further in
> this direction.
>
> I would request the users to guide us in this direction.
> regards
> Jagabandhu
> Nanyang Technological University
> Singapore
> 2011/6/20 João Carlos Andrade Dos Santos <jsantos at utad.pt>
>>
>> Dear GrADS users,
>>

>> I have plotted some maps using the command ‘set mpdset hires’ over Europe,
>> but the political boundaries are not updated. Is there a way to update these
>> boundaries?
>>

>> Many thanks.

>> João Carlos Andrade Santos, PhD
>>
>> Physics Department & CITAB
>>
>> UTAD, Apartado 1013
>>
>> 5001-911 Vila Real, Portugal

Dr. Yaqiang Wang
Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (CAMS)
46, Zhong-Guan-Cun South Avenue
Beijing, 100081
China

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com