[gradsusr] stnmap error

Huddleston, John Huddleston at cira.colostate.edu
Mon Jun 20 19:31:28 EDT 2011

Andre

There is another option which many scientists use; that is, to take your area of interest and apply an interpolation technique to grid the station data.

I just finished a two year study of Montana (USA) 30 year precipitation using: ordinary Kriging; inverse distance squared; regression on value and distance; multivariate inverse distance squared; regression on distance, value, and elevation; and universal Kriging on elevation, distance, and value.

You may want to think deeper about your studies on the best approach.

John Huddleston

Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere