[gradsusr] error while using ave function

sushant puranik sushantpuranik at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 00:58:32 EST 2011

Hi
I am trying to average my data file containing data of 17 years composite of
v component of wind.
So i opened my files as since i want to use vint function afterwards

sdfopen /home/Sushant/Desktop/moisture/composite/4daysp.nc
sdfopen /home/Sushant/Desktop/moisture/composite/4daymeri17.nc
sdfopen /home/Sushant/Desktop/moisture/composite/4daymeri3.nc

then i used
ga-> define a=ave(shum,t=1,t=20)
gzstart=0, gzstop=1, gtstart=0, gtstop=1.
gxstart=0, gxstop=29, gystart=0, gystop=25.
gzstart=0, gzstop=1, gtstart=0, gtstop=1.
Define memory allocation size = 2900 bytes

For specific humidity it works fine but when i tried to use it for vwnd as
it shows following error
ga-> define b=ave(vwnd.2,t=1,t=17)
Averaging.  dim = 3, start = 1, end = 17
Data Request Error: Invalid grid coordinates
  World coordinates convert to non-integer grid coordinates
    Variable = vwnd.2  Dimension = 3
Operation Error:  Error from ave function
  Error ocurred at column 1
DEFINE error:  Invalid expression.

Whether data has problem ? or what else????

suggestions are always welcome

thanking you