[gradsusr] transparent colours

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jan 12 21:23:22 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Becker, Bernd <
bernd.becker at metoffice.gov.uk> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> How can I define transparent colours,
> that produce visualy distinguishable hues when overlapped?
>
> I would like to define areas on shaded plot that are,
> say, windy and warm, and where these areas overlap
> I would like to visualize that the ovelap area is windy and warm,
> without
> having to define another colour for that specific region.
>
> Rather than defined colors by RGB, I guess, I am asking if it is
> possible to
> define colours in grads using the HSLA colour model.

The gxyat extension includes a "set_rgba" command that works much like "set
rgb" but allows you to additionally specify the alpha channel (opacity) for
each color. Search the list, I posted something not that long ago. You need
the opengrads bundle distribution for using this feature.

   Arlindo

> best regards,
> Bernd.
>

> --
> Bernd Becker   Climate Impacts Product Development
> Met Office Hadley Centre    FitzRoy Road  Exeter   Devon EX1 3PB  United
> Kingdom
> Tel.: +44 (0) 1392 884511 Fax: +44 (0)870 900 5050
> E-mail:bernd.becker at metoffice.gov.uk<E-mail%3Abernd.becker at metoffice.gov.uk>-
> http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/our-scientists/seasonal-to-decadal/
> bernd-becker

Arlindo da Silva