[gradsusr] Regrid2 not working with GrADS vn. 2.0.a7.1

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jan 11 18:28:54 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 1:56 AM, Mohit Ved <mohitv at cdacb.ernet.in> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am working on GrADS version 2.0.a7.1 on a linux machine (fc-12). The
> regrid function does not seem to work with this version. I get the
> following error when I use the regrid2 function in my grads script.
>
> Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
>   'regrid2' not a variable or function name
>
> The environment variable 'GAUDFT' has been correctly set in my .bashrc.
> The location (on my system) where I have installed regrid2 is
> /home/mohit/utils/udf/. And GAUDFT is set as
> /home/mohit/utils/udf/udft.regrid2. which is a text file containing:
>
> regrid2 1 8 expr value value char value value value value
> sequential
> /home/mohit/utils/udf/regrid2.exe
> udf.regrid.gfi
> udf.regrid.gfo
>
> regrid2.exe is also in place. Also, I am able to run this function with
> the same settings in the earlier version of GrADS i.e. 1.9b4.
>
> Please let me know if there are any particular settings required in
> version 2.0.a7.1 to be able to run regrid2.

The UDFs of grads v1.9 are not supported in grads v2.  You will find regrid
capabilities in the opengrads bundle distribution:

   http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_the_OpenGrADS_Bundle

In particular,

    http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/re/

See also re2() which is closer to regrid2().

   Arlindo

> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Mohit Ved,