[gradsusr] GrADS and FORTRAN

Djordje Romanic djordje8 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:24:08 EST 2011

Dear Users,

I have downloaded a sample of NCEP/NCAR data using GrADS and saved them with
"fwrite" command as a *.grd file (I've also created a *.ctl file). The file
contains data for the whole globe and for the time period from 00z1jan1961
to 00z1jan1991 (6-hours data) and for one vertical level. I need to perform
a moving average on the data,  but since it is not possible in GrADS (at
least I do not know), I need to program it in FORTRAN.

Accounting that, I have two questions:

1. does anyone know how to write a FORTRAN program that will read *.grd
files in a proper way (important);
2. does anyone know how to program moving average (optional)?

If you do not know, but You may know someone who can help me, please connect
us.

Kind regards,

Djordje Romanic