[gradsusr] 'tas' Plotting Error

Adam Cinderich cinderic at msu.edu
Mon Feb 14 16:20:11 EST 2011

Hello:

I am trying to plot using open Grads.  I have opened my .ctl file and it
says that my data file was opened.  However, when I attempt to plot 'tas' it
says the following:

Syntax Error: Invalid Operand

   'tas' not a variable or function name

   Error occurred at column 1

DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression

   Expression = tas

'tas' is my temperature at surface variable and when I do an ncdump of the
data file, it shows 'tas' as the variable.  Can someone offer any
suggestions as to why it won't let me plot my variable and/or tell me if a
command exists for Grads that will list variables that are available to be
plotted?

Thank you,

Adam