[gradsusr] [BULK] Re: opening text file data

Muhammad Rahiz muhammad.rahiz at ouce.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 04:40:43 EST 2011

James,

I've got the impression that you wanted to know how to read in a
text file and subsequently to use the read-in values to complement the existing data.

What you wanted could be addressed in several ways;
1. convert the ascii to netcdf
2. perform the analysis in other softwares like R, or MATLAB

If you wish to stick to GrADS, theoretically, you would have to make an
array using the the read-in values from the text files. I've not had any
experience in this as I've been reading text files per line and feeding
the values into my analysis, typically using them for averaging. But it's
worth a try.

--
Muhammad Rahiz
Researcher & DPhil Candidate (Climate Systems & Policy)