[gradsusr] Temperature and rainfall data of Africa

Jayakrishnan PR prjayakrishnan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 00:46:49 EST 2011

Dear Serge,
         Here is the method of working with GPCP data.

The link from which we can download data is following.............
ftp://rsd.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/1dd-v1.1/

Using this link we can download the daily data and using the ctl file gpcp.ctl
we can plot data.

Here in this link you will get daily GPCP rainfall for each months. You can
combine all the files using cat command in linux and then use the entire
data combined into one and then use the sample ctl gpi9708.ctl which is the
ctl file for combined data from 97 to 2008. I think the data set is from
1997 to present and not from 1901 as you said.  Also there is GPI data with
1x 1 degree resolution (GOES Precipitation Index data). You can also refer
this. This GPCP data is also 1X1 degree resolution so that you can use it
for your study.Best of luck.

--
Sincerely
Jayakrishnan.P.R