[gradsusr] OpenGrads Installation

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Mon Dec 12 20:30:27 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Andrew Revering <andy at f5data.com> wrote:

> It does not look like it, since you are able to execute gxyat. When you
>> are running your production job, how are you doing this? Can you run your
>> script from the "ga->" prompt above? If so, when running your production
>> script, can you enter
>>
>> % which grads (or which ooengrads)
>>
>> to make sure you are actually running the grads binaries that you just
>> installed? Do this right before starting grads and running your script.
>>

> AH HA! That did the trick... It was trying to run a version in
> /usr/local/bin/grads
> I had to delete the grads version in /usr/local/bin even after adding the
> right path.

You didn't have to delete it, just make sure that the new version comes
ahead in yout path, say

% set path = ( /opt/opengrads $path )         #  C-shell
% export PATH=/opt/opengrads:$PATH     # bash, ksh, sh

or address grads by the full pathname:

% /opt/opengrads/grads

BTW, you may have noticed that the opengrads bundle includes 2 executables:
grads and opengrads. They both point to the same binary; opengrads has the
-C option set by default, so you get colorized text, and your readline
history is remembered from one session to another -- these are my favorite
defaults. If you intend to use the opengrads extensions you may want to
start "opengrads" as there is no chance that you will be starting any COLA
binary that may be left in your path.

  Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva