[gradsusr] Temperature output in WRF model

Roopashree Shrivastava rss1901 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 08:05:01 EST 2011

Hello Everybody,
I think this question is not suited for the Grads forum however I am still
posting it.

I am looking at WRF o/p without converting to Grads format (This is
basically to conserve disk space)

The manual says that the total potential temperature in K is T + 300 (K).
Apparently there is temperature is not output directly by WRF (maybe i m
wrong but didnt find this variable in the WRF o/p netcdf file). I think
temperature is available as a Grads / NCL / Vis5d diagnostic o/p.

>From potential temperature I can convert to temperature using the pressure
at that height and surface pressure at that location (i.e. Poisson's eqn).
[image: image.png]
 Please let me know if this approach is correct and/or there is any other
method of doing it

Thanking you all
Warm Regards
Roopa