[gradsusr] lifted index

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 13:06:20 EST 2011

I'm not aware of one.  You'd have to compute the dry and moist adiabatic
lapse rates yourself.  However, since you are running the WRF, you could
use ARWpost and manipulate the module that computes CAPE to give you lifted
index.  Most of the hard work in computing it is already done.  You would
just need to add code to spitting out the array into a binary file.

Jeff Duda

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Gisele dos Santos Zepka <
giselezepka at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear users,
>
> Does anybody have a script to calculate the Lifted Index?
> I am running WRF model and this index is not available in version 3.
> The problem is the parcel temperature.
>
> Thanks,
> Gisele

> Dra. Gisele dos Santos Zepka Saraiva
> Meteorologist - Atmopheric Electricity
> National Institute for Space Research - INPE
> Av. dos Astronautas, 1758
> São José dos Campos, SP
> Brazil, 12227-010
>
> Phone:++55(12) 3208-6841