[gradsusr] Max Function

Walsh, Brian J brian.walsh at amec.com
Thu Aug 18 09:59:34 EDT 2011

Hello Grads Users,

I'm trying to calculate the maximum 3-hourly precipitation amounts from one model in a given domain.

So, for instance, if I choose a point (say 46.0 N 57.0W), I would like to get the maximum 3-hourly precipitation amounts from the GFS for the surrounding grid points (i.e. I don't want a point forecast prediction).  I'm not sure if I can have it output the maximum amount from the nearest neighbor grid points or if I need to specify a domain.

I've tried the max function without success and was hoping someone may have done something similar and it worked.  I'm looking to output the data into a file, not plot it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not an intended recipient you must not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents.
If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete and destroy the message.