[gradsusr] same value on area, but wrong color

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Fri Aug 12 11:04:48 EDT 2011

If you are using 'set ccols', then you must also use 'set clevs'. The
message you get from GrADS is, "ccols won't take effect unless clevs
are set." You can try 'set stat on' or 'set gxout stat' to see the min
and max of your display, and the default contour levels -- this might
help you decide what clevs to set.
--Jennifer

On Aug 10, 2011, at 8:18 AM, Simon Kiertscher wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i have a netCDF file in which around lat 0 0 and lon 0 0 is the same
> value (0). Lev = 0 and t = 0.
> I set my own colors and lat =-1 1, lon= -1 1. When i display now a
> variable it works, and the whole plot area is yellow (if i use my
> yellow
> colors).
> I clear now the plot.
> When i change now the display are to lat=0, t = 1 5, and set the
> colors
> again to say yellow and display my variable again it shows no color.
> (every timepoint would show the same color). So why is my plot now not
> yellow again?
> Is this a bug in GrADS ? Or what am i doing wrong?
>
> Best Regards,
> Simon

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA