[gradsusr] Masking of land and Sea

Roger Rodrigues Torres roger.torres at cptec.inpe.br
Thu Aug 4 08:11:11 EDT 2011

Hi,
if you wish to mask the ocean you can use the following command in your
script:
'basemap O 0 1 M'
and if you desire to mask the land portion
'basemap L 0 1 M'
The letter M stands by Medium. If you want a more detailded boundary, you
can use H (hires).
Regards,
Roger Torres

2011/8/4 Bala <hbala2k at gmail.com>

> Hi  Folk,
>    I need a very small help from but ver very BIG  for me...
>
> I want to display the ERSST data through GrADS 1.8SL7. For this I need
> to mask the land portion; so may I ask know to prepare the land-sea
> masking file. And how to run it through a *.gs file...
> Thanks a lot  in advance...
> HB...

Roger Rodrigues Torres
Ph.D. Student
National Institute for Space Research (INPE)
Center for Weather Forecast and Climate Studies (CPTEC)
Phone: 55 12 3186-9541
Personal Webpage: http://rtorres.webnode.com.br