[gradsusr] lats4d regrid

Ghan, Steven J Steve.Ghan at pnl.gov
Fri Apr 22 12:49:55 EDT 2011

I am a novice user of lats4d, and am trying to use it to regrid data.

I have a netcdf file with data on the grid that I want to regrid to, but it's not clear to me how to use it. The documentation says
"If you already have a sample file at the desired new resolution, great! Otherwise you can get one by creating a fake GrADS control file. There are a few samples on the last4d home page: geos1x1.ctl, geos4x5.ctl and geos2x25.ctl. This file is used to define the dimension environment at the new desired resolution through the "-de" option."
The example

lats4d -i model -de geos1x1  -func re(@,360,linear,-180,1,181,linear,-90,1,bl)

is apparently for the case when a control file is needed. What do I do if I have file with data on the grid I want?

-Steve Ghan