[gradsusr] bufrscan and table B3M-000-003-B

Mark J. Dempsey mdempse at hunter.cuny.edu
Tue Apr 19 20:31:21 EDT 2011

Hello all,
I am hoping someone out there can help me. I am trying to look at some
data in BUFR format taken from the NOAA Profiler Network (wind). When
I run bufrscan -h I keep getting several headings to start and then
the message, "error: no table information for FXY 0-01-018"
I looked in my B table and discovered that that line was missing so I
put in the line: "0;    1;     18;      0;           0;   40;
CCITT_IA5; Station short name"
having read this in another table set (I think it may have been the
Opera data set, but I'm not sure.
In any case, when I ran bufrscan again, I still for the same error
message as before. Does anyone have any idea how I might proceed to
decode the bufr data?
Thank you very much,
Mark J. Dempsey