[gradsusr] 365_day_calendar option in grads

Eric Altshuler ela at cola.iges.org
Tue Apr 19 22:33:22 EDT 2011

Hi Jennifer,

I've discovered that if I first open a dataset with a 365 day calendar, grads will refuse to open an additional dataset that uses a normal calendar.

However, if I first open a dataset with a normal calendar, grads will open an additional dataset that uses a 365 day calendar. Is this the intended behavior, or is it a "silent" bug that will lead to errors in subsequent calculations (or worse, incorrect results without any error or warning messages)?

Finally, considering the above situations, how is it possible to do analysis that requires datasets with different calendars to be open at the same time? For example, suppose I want to do calculations that require both CCSM data (365 day calendar) and reanalysis data (normal calendar)?

Thanks,
Eric