[gradsusr] Tutorial

Claude Dulait claude.dulait at skynet.be
Sun Sep 26 16:27:27 EDT 2010

Good evening to all members of this forum,
-I am a beginner ...and a poor limited sailor!
-Have downloaded and installed grads-2.0.x-win32_superpack.exe. under
Windows XP family Edition 2002 SP3
-Have downloaded the 3 suggested files from the Tutorial as per
 http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/tutorial.html
-The 3 files have been installed automatically in
C\OpenGrads\Classic\test_data and in
C\OpenGrads\Contents\Resources\SampleDatasets.

-When I run Grads and introduce the first  command suggested "open
model.ctl" I receive the following message "Open Error: Can't open binary
data file File name = model.grb"
-Have thus tried   "open  model.grb "  and I received the following message
"Scanning description file: model.grb Open Error: Can't open description
file."
-Any hint to help me to start is more than welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Claude.