[gradsusr] templating netcdf files over spatial regions

Thomas W. Collow tcollow at eden.rutgers.edu
Mon Sep 20 12:07:58 EDT 2010

Hello,

I know it is possible to aggregate different files over time but I was wondering if the same could be done for different spatial locations?

Here's the situation,
I have one netcdf file for each station.  So file1.cdf is for sation 1, file2.cdf is for station 2, file3.cdf is for station 3 and so on.  I have created a control file for each netcdf file so GrADS can read it properly.  Each file has one variable that I want to plot.  What I want to do is take this variable from each file and plot in on to a single map essentially making a station data plot.  Is this possible? Then I could regrid this data which I already know how to do.  Thanks.

Tom