[gradsusr] strange behavior with GrADS 2.0.a8

Don.VanDyke at noaa.gov Don.VanDyke at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 2 20:48:46 EDT 2010

Hi John,

Wow, thanks a lot!  Fortunately, the new grads2a9 seems to work after a quick check, but I'll keep this in mind for the future.  By the way, I'm apparently not getting all of the postings to my email, so apologies for not replying sooner.  Must be the spam filter.

-Don

Don,

I did some extra reading and solved this problem.  FTP sites do not send the headers; so, I edited your nam1hr shell script and changed the http address to a ftp address. The NCEP ftp address is ' ftp://ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/com/nam/prod/...'  Don't forget the 'pub' addition.

I also edited Wesley's get_grib perl script and changed http to ftp on line 29.

It will now grab the NAM files correctly.

If you want to keep Wesley's scripts intact, make a copy and edit your shell script to call the new copy.

John Huddleston, PhD
Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere