[gradsusr] cdiff function

Adrian Scherzinger adrian.scherzinger at meteotest.ch
Wed Oct 20 09:18:30 EDT 2010

  Hi
I am looking for a function similar to cdiff, BUT instead of
"The result value at each grid point is the value at the grid point plus
one minus the value at the grid point minus one."
i need a funktion that calculates:
"The result value at each grid point is the value at the grid point
minus the value at the grid point minus one."

This is my problem:
Each timestep of my mm5 precipitation data set contains the integral of
the precipitation since t=1. I want to plot a bar graph with the
precipitation of each hour (not the integral). If I want to get the
value only at time X, I need to calculate (rain at t=x)-(rain at t=x-1).
cdiff(rain,t) is not the solution.

Thanks for your help
Adrian

--