[gradsusr] Trouble displaying data from netcdf file

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Oct 19 16:44:19 EDT 2010

In the ncdump output, you have this:
      float mslp(record, levels_1, y, x) ;

which means the variable has 4 dimensions, so you need to change your
variable declaration in the descriptor file from
      mslp=>mslp 1 Y,X Mean Sea Level Pressure (Pa)
      mslp=>mslp 1 t,z,y,x Mean Sea Level Pressure (Pa)

Similar changes may be required for other variables. Also, it isn't
necessary to alias the variable name to the identical thing. The
native varname is compliant with GrADS requirements, so you can change
"mslp=>mslp" to just "mslp".

--Jennifer

On Oct 19, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Brian.Hoeth at noaa.gov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having troubles displaying data from a netcdf file.  I'm sure
> there is an error in my index file, but I just don't know what I'm
> missing?
>
> I've attached the output of ncdump -c (ncdump.txt), my control file
> (adas_ncdf.ctl), and my grads session (gradsout.txt).
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Brian Hoeth
> NWS Spaceflight Meteorology Group
> Johnson Space Center