[gradsusr] Tropical cyclone scripts and grads fuctions

SRAVANI A srisravani.a at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 12:17:26 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 5:41 AM, Arlindo da Silva <dasilva at alum.mit.edu>wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Travis Washington <
> twashington2008 at my.fit.edu> wrote:
>
>> I all,
>>
>> I would like to make a time series plot of the low pressure of tropical
>> cyclone. My professor says there is a function in grads. set gxout state
>> that will display the max and minimum values. Also does anyone have a script
>> that plots the track of tropical cyclone and displays it in grads.
>>

> The opengrads bundle includes some of Mike Fiorino's extensions for this
> purpose. Take a look at:
>
>                  http://opengrads.org/doc/udxt/libmf/
>
>     Arlindo
>
> --
> Arlindo da Silva
> dasilva at alum.mit.edu

hi ,
frends ihad a script for the tropical cyclone may be it will be use ful for
u i think
here you can see where is the centre and pick up the x,y points
after that you have to convert there x,y coordinates into latitude and
logitude coordinates.
These points are for your reference.
Later as you keep the time steps increasing, you can pickup the central lat
and lon simultaneously.
Finally use the draw line command to join all the points.
Here you have to use the x,y coordinate points only.

Hope this will suffice your problem.

'reinit'
'open stn.ctl'
'set grads off'
'set grid off'
'set lat '
'set lon'
'd sea level presure code'
'set strinz 0.1'
'draw title  track of the tropical cyclone'
'set line  1 8 3'
'draw line x1,y1,x2,y2'
'enable print.meta'
'disable print'
  it will use to solve u r problem if there is any doubts please mail me
best regards
--
A.Sravani
Research Scholar