[gradsusr] Lat Long question

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Mon Oct 11 17:22:22 EDT 2010

On Oct 11, 2010, at 3:42 PM, Metris Limited Forecaster wrote:

> I have a Meteogram script which allows for a specified Latitude/
> Longitude ... to be used
>   My question is with grads does it get the nearest grid data for
> that point or does it interpolate
> the grid data for the specified point or does use the  nearest grid
> point?
The meteogram script uses the nearest grid point to your specific lat
lon.

> If it uses the nearest grid point ... what would we do the script to
> get an interpolated result?
You would have to get values from the four surrounding gridpoints and
bilinearly interpolate.

> The scripts pulls down the data is using DODS.
Please note that you may be using an old version of the meteogram
script. Latest versions are in
ftp://iges.org/pub/jma/meteograms/
Please start with by reading the ReadMe file very carefully.
I cannot provide further support for using or modifying these scripts,
but other users in this forum may have some experience or wisdom to
share.

--Jennifer

> Your help would be appreciated
>
> Howard Staines