[gradsusr] Error using tcorr

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Thu Nov 18 10:47:49 EST 2010

On Nov 18, 2010, at 1:55 AM, Zablone Owiti wrote:

> Hi Users,
> I get the following error when I try to do correlation between
> station data
> and gridded SST (ERSST v3). The station data is in binary format and
> I read
> it via a ctl (I am able to plot the station data series in grads). I
> am
> unable to figure out the fix for the error.
>
> How can I fix the error?
>
> ga-> d tcorr(data.1,sst.2,t=1,t=30)
> TCORR:  dim = 3, start = 1, end = 30
> Data Request Error: Invalid grid coordinates
>  World coordinates convert to non-integer  grid coordinates
>    Variable = data.1  Dimension = 3
This is a problem with the time coordinates (time is dimension #3).
You are using "t=" to express the time dimension limits and these are
resolved to world coordinates according to the default file. These are
likely conflicting with the time coordinate values in data.1 or sst.2
your two files probably don't have the same time axes. Try using
"time=" and see if that helps, or else resolve the differences in the
time axes of your two files.
--Jennifer

> Error from TCORR:  Error getting grids
> Operation Error:  Error from tcorr function
>  Error ocurred at column 1
> DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
>  Expression = tcorr(data.1,sst.2,t=1,t=30)
>
> ----------------------------
>
> ZABLONE OWITI
>
> GRADUATE STUDENT
>
> College of Atmospheric Science
>
> Nanjing University of Information, Science and Technology
>
> Add: 219 Ning Liu Rd, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 21004, P.R. China
>
> Tel: +86-25-58731402
>
> Fax: +86-25-58731456
> Mob. 15077895632
> Website:  www.nuist.edu.cn