[gradsusr] Command produces a PNG image with transparent color 0 and a background image NE.png

Jeff Chabot jsc219 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 19:31:39 EDT 2010

Hello GrADS Users again,

I figured out the GrADS error.  The following command will fail because
GrADS will look for ne.png (and will not find it):

printim precip_NE_1.png png x570 y435 -b NE.png -t 0

This works however:

mv NE.png ne.png

printim precip_NE_1.png png x570 y435 -b ne.png -t 0

So, to me this sounds like a bug in 2.0a7, 2.0a9 and possibly other versions
as well.

By the way, to answer your questions, I am using local paths and not URLs.
Also, I am creating these images in Fedora 13.

Here are my results of a working background:

http://jeffsweatherservice.com/grads/nam/ptype_NE_1.gif

http://jeffsweatherservice.com/grads/nam/ptype_NE_2.gif

Now, I still have to figure out a way to change my ptype to use a
transparent color instead of white or black for no precip.  That of course
is a work in progress.

Thanks everyone.

Sincerely,

Jeff Chabot