[gradsusr] Using g2ctl.pl/gribmap with Monthly CFSR Data

Michael Barton MBarton at awstruepower.com
Tue Nov 2 14:58:43 EDT 2010

I am trying to read the monthly CFSR GRIB2 files into Grads with no success. I am using GrADS Version 2.0.a9, wgrib2 v0.1.8.5 6/2010, and g2ctl v0.0.7. I am running Linux x86_64 I am also including the -fix_ncep option with wgrib2.

I believe my .ctl file is correct. It loads, and contains the correct dimensions/variables, but has undefined values for every variable. I have tried several options when running gribmap that produce the same results. Is there a known fix for this?

Thank you for your help,

Upcoming Events
DIREC 2010; Delhi, India; Oct. 27-29; Booth #W-135
CanWEA 2010; Montreal; Nov. 1-3; Booth #1118
Click here <http://www.awstruepower.com/news-events/events/> for more events

Mike Barton
Scientific Programmer
AWS Truepower, LLC
463 New Karner Road
Albany, NY 12205 | USA
ph: +1 518-213-0044 ext. 1124
fax: +1 518-213-0045
MBarton at awstruepower.com<mailto:email at awstruepower.com>
awstruepower.com<http://www.awstruepower.com/>

[AWST-MasterLogo-TM-NoTag]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential information which is privileged by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.