[gradsusr] Time Series Plot

Heiner Körnich heiner at misu.su.se
Tue May 18 17:58:41 EDT 2010

Hi Brian,

have a look at how the grads-binary files are organized.
http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/aboutgriddeddata.html

<http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/aboutgriddeddata.html>The loop goes first
over the x, y,z,VARS, and then time. So, you have to order your data in the
right order:

1.level, 1.time
1.level, 2.time
1.level, last time
2.level, 1.time
2.level, 2.time

It seems to me more natural to use the z-coordinate for the sub-surface
levels, and the time axis for the time, but I guess you have some plans with
your setup.

Regards,
Heiner

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Walsh, Brian J <brian.walsh at amec.com>wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I am looking to plot ocean current data as a time series plot.  I want
> various sub-surface levels plotted on the y-axis and the time steps on the
> X-axis.  Can someone tell me how, and if, this can be done with GrADS?
>
> Thanks
>

> ------------------------------
> The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the
> individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
> Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or
> privileged information.
> If you are not an intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
> disseminate, copy or print its contents.
> If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply
> e-mail and delete and destroy the message.

Heiner Körnich
Dept. of Meteorology            Tel:  +46 8 164333
Stockholms University, SE-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Email: heiner at misu.su.se   www.misu.su.se/~heiner/