[gradsusr] stnmap error

Steve Levine steve.levine.1523 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 16:38:49 EDT 2010

Fellow GrADS users,

I am creating a station data file using the script provided on the GrADS
website, but when I use stmap to generate a map for this station data, I get
an error:

Invalid station hdr found in station binary file
  Possible causes:  Invalid level count in hdr
                    Descriptor file mismatch
                    File not station data
                    Invalid relative time

All the data is for the same time, I have set time in the script to stay
equal to zero; this leads me to suspect that the problem is either with the
descriptor file or the header in the data file.  Is anyone familiar with
this sort of error and how to get around it?

Thanks,
Steve Levine