[gradsusr] Oacres and writing out in grad format question?

jimbo32886 at gmail.com jimbo32886 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 15:20:20 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,
   I have hydrographic station data that I would like to grid.  I can
successfully grid the data using oacres, however, I have to use very small
radii so the interpolated grid does not extrapolate over land.  I was
wondering if there is a way that I can use oacres with larger radii, and
then set the land to an undefined value?  I am not sure if this is a
possibility, but an answer would be greatly appreciated.
   My second question is after I grid all my data, how can I write the data
properly into grads format so I can use the data at a later time period.
Essentially I want to take my 50+ years of data, and create monthly gridded
files that I can use in Grads in the future.  I'm sure this process is just
a couple of loops, but I am unsure of the order and how to determine the
dimensions/variables for the control file.  I have about 7 variables all on
a single level with about 700 time steps.  Any information would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim