[gradsusr] Help in showing the example of using fndlvl(), max() and maxloc()

See Hai Ooi axl419 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 01:56:17 EDT 2010

Hi Sushant,

        Can you show me your modified script ?  However, you may wish to consider the following points/notes in your intended work  :-

       (i) It depends on how you define your low level jet.  I guess it hovers between 1000 hPa and 850 hPa over your specific area.  If that is the case, you merely reduce the number of vertical pressure levels to 3, viz. 1000, 925 and 850 hPa levels.

      (ii) I use NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis data.  The u- and v-components are uwnd and vwnd respectively.  In your case, it could be u and v.  Also, what are the levels available in your data set (u2008.nc, ... ) ? Delete/amend those not available in my joint script with Mr. Kumar.  Just query your file to find more information about it.

      Hope this helps.

Ooi

      New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
Hurry before someone else does!