[gradsusr] Editing output image from GrADS

Vinícius Almeida viniciusaalmeida at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 20:04:11 EDT 2010

Hi,

I found a problem while trying to set my output image to fill in the whole
space available to the virtual page in the GrADS landscape mode. I have
worked hard using *set parea *and *set vpage *methods to try to accomplish
my task but I haven't reached any satisfactory results, since all of my
output images remain with margin what is not enough for my applications.

I would like to have an output image in both JPEG, GIF and BMP formats
without margins, ylab, xlab, frame and GrADS logo. Therefore, my output
image would only have the plot area filling in the whole space available,
that in this case would be 11 x 8.5 since I am using the landscape mode.

It would sounds good if anyone could show me what is the method used by
GrADS to produce the geotiff image generated by the *set gxout geotiff *display
option, since the geotiff image does not contain any margin, what fits
exactly what I need.

Thanks in advance,
Vinicius Almeida