[LIKELY_SPAM]Fw: Re: (NCEP 1degree x 1 degree - model output 0.7x 0.7degree ) temperature pattern in GrADS

Eric Altshuler ela at COLA.IGES.ORG
Tue Mar 23 17:57:12 EDT 2010

Dear Rupesh,

Your current dimension environment may include dimension values or ranges (often in Z or T) that are outside the range of valid dimension values for your file #2. Until you change it, the dimension environment is set automatically by grads, based on the dimension ranges associated with the first file you open. Before displaying tmp.2, use the command 'set dfile 2', then 'q dim' and check for grid coordinates that are out of bounds (e.g. if Z and/or T are negative, non-integer or very large). You may need to change the dimension environment so that it does not extend beyond the limits of valid data in file 2, e.g.

'set dfile 2'
'q dim'
'set z 1'
'set t 1'
'd tmp.2'

It's also a bad idea to define a variable to have the same name as a data variable in any of the files you have open. For example, file 2 has a variable 'tmp', so don't define a variable with that name. Use 'tmp1' or some other name.

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Assistant Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302
Calverton, MD 20705-3106
USA

E-mail: ela at cola.iges.org