[gradsusr] Help in showing the example of using maxloc()

See Hai Ooi axl419 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 20:25:47 EDT 2010

Dear Mr Charles Seman,

      Thank you.  In fact, the question of finding the location of maximum wind was posed by Sushant Puranik from Pune, India, in connection with my above enquiry.  Nevertheless, her question and your (+ Jeffrey Duda ) guidance are useful to me too.  In your example, may I know the purpose of "set lev 1000" ? Also, I have one question: the wind data are usually given in u- and v-components. For using the fndlvl to obtain the specific pressure level of the maximum wind, do we need to first convert the u- & v-wind components into something like 26010 ?

     Regards.

Ooi