[gradsusr] Help in showing the example of using maxloc()

Charles Seman Charles.Seman at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 18 12:54:19 EDT 2010

Ooi,

Please also see: http://grads.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradfuncfndlvl.html

If you set for a horizontal (x,y) domain, you should get a field of
pressure levels, each value displayed in the 2D plot representing the
level of the maximum wind for that vertical column according to the
search limits:

set x ... ...
set y ... ...
set lev 1000
set t ...
set gxout shaded
d fndlvl(wind,max(wind,lev=700,lev=1000),lev=700,lev=1000)

Hope this helps,
Chuck

Please note that Charles.Seman at noaa.gov should be considered my NOAA
email address, not cjs at gfdl.noaa.gov.

 Charles Seman                                Charles.Seman at noaa.gov
 U.S. Department of Commerce / NOAA / OAR
 Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory         voice: (609) 452-6547
 201 Forrestal Road                              fax: (609) 987-5063
 Princeton, NJ  08540-6649            http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~cjs/