[gradsusr] Help in showing the example of using maxloc()

Jeffrey Duda jdduda at iastate.edu
Thu Mar 18 11:04:52 EDT 2010

Don't use maxloc(), use max().  Something like "d
max(wind,lev=700,lev=1000)" should work I think.  You might have to nest a
few "max" statements inside each other for the areal coverage (X and Y
directions).  I think the examples of the "max" function show this pretty
well: http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gadocindex.html

Jeff Duda

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:37 AM, sushant puranik
<sushantpuranik at gmail.com>wrote:

> hi
> I also made an attempt to find the maximum wind between 1000hPa to 700hPa
> level with the help of maxloc command.
> I am able to plot the maximum value of each grid. But in it i also need to
> plot the level at which the maximum value belongs, but till date i am not
> able to solve this problem.
>
> Do you have any suggestions.
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 3:46 AM, See Hai Ooi <axl419 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Dr Charles Seman,
>>
>>      Yes, the script is what I need.  Thank you very much.
>>
>> Ooi
>>

>>      New Email names for you!
>> Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.
>> Hurry before someone else does!