problem opening netcdf file

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 13 16:03:13 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:27 AM, luis blacutt <luis.blacutt at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Grads users
>
> When I try to open a netcdf file I have the following error,
> udunits(3): Couldn't open units database
> "/usr/local/lib/grads/udunits.dat": No such file or directory
> gadsdf: UDUNITS package initialization failure.
>
> I'm using grads  Version 2.0.a7.1
>
> Can you help me please?

The udunits.dat file is included with grads map and font datasets. Make sure
you download and install the data.tar.gz file and that you set the GADDIR
environment to point to the location you installed these files. Consult the
grads installation instructions for more information.

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu