grads-2.0.a7.1-cygwin on MS windows

zilore mumba zmumba at YAHOO.COM
Tue Mar 2 03:12:10 EST 2010

John,
Thanks very much. Your superpack has solved my problem. I was almost giving up on windows (particularly vista and 7, my Windows 7 does not allow installing LINUX). Now I can run GrADS like furious, thanks to your superpack.

--- On Mon, 3/1/10, Huddleston, John <Huddleston at CIRA.COLOSTATE.EDU> wrote:

From: Huddleston, John <Huddleston at CIRA.COLOSTATE.EDU>
Subject: Re: grads-2.0.a7.1-cygwin on MS windows
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Date: Monday, March 1, 2010, 6:33 PM

Zilore

Please see
http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Installing_GrADS_v2.0_on_Microsoft_Windows
and the superpack which was built by Arlindo.

It includes a XTERM server and is a fully installable package.

I suspect you may have downloaded one of the tar files I built to use Cygwin and your own Xserver.

The ones in the superpack use the mount command internally.

The builds I create are identical to the Linux variety; so they have a lower impact and are smaller to download.

I use Xwin32, a commerical Xserver and a Cygwin build of the Linux source so it runs rather fast.

John Huddleston, PhD, PE