[gradsusr] Problem compiling libpng

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Mon Jun 21 19:01:16 EDT 2010

Huber,
Your system is obviously a little different from the one I use, but
perhaps the page http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/supplibs will be useful.
It has information on the configure commands for each library, and
where to put the *.a and *.h files in $SUPPLIBS so that the GrADS
configure script will find them. For enabling printim, you need zlib,
libpng, libgd, and (optionally) libjpeg.
--Jennifer

On Jun 21, 2010, at 6:15 PM, Huber Paúl Gilt López wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After trying to configure libpng library I found this error, But  I
> compile correctly zlib library, How Can I setup for configure file
> in libpng?
>

> #cd /home/huber/grads/supplibs/src/libpng-1.2.18
> #./configure --disable-shared --prefix=/home/huber/grads/supplibs/
> src/libpng-1.2.18 --with-zlib=/home/huber/grads/supplibs/src/
> zlib-1.2.3
> #make
> #make install
> #cp lib/libreadline.a /home/huber/grads/supplibs/lib/
> #cp include/readline/*h /home/huber/grads/supplibs/include/readline/
>
> #./configure –prefix=/opt/grads-2.0.a8
>
> checking for pow in -lm... yes
> checking for zlibVersion in -lz... no
> configure: error: zlib not installed