[gradsusr] Cannot plot colorbar: no shading info

Meredith Croke mcroke at airdat.com
Wed Jun 2 19:25:08 EDT 2010

Hi Grads users,

I'm trying to plot reflectivity over southwestern US and am having a
problem plotting the colorbar. For some forecast hours the colorbar
plots fine, but for other hours I get the message "cannot plot color
bar: no shading information"  basically it looks like when reflectivity
is 0 across the entire region I get this message, however for
consistency between forecast hours I would like all of the images to
have the same colorbar placed on the image.  I have the following set:
'set clevs 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 55 60'
'set ccols  55 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52'
'set gxout shaded'
 'set datawarn off'

Does anyone have any work arounds for this so I can have the colorbar
displayed even if all values in the grid are 0?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Meredith