[gradsusr] Regridding 0.5° resolution Data to 2.5° resolution

Wesley Ebisuzaki Wesley.Ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Mon Jul 26 10:02:56 EDT 2010

Mubashar,

    If the reanalysis data are in grib format, you can use utilities to
regrid the data.
On advantage is that these routines do vector interpolation of the winds
which
produces better result near the poles.

grib1:

   copygb -g2 -x IN.grb OUT.grb

grib2:

    wgrib2 IN.grb2 -set_grib_type c3 -new_grid ncep grid 2 OUT.grb2

    * requires wgrib2 v0.1.8.4 with the optional IPOLATES package

      Wesley Ebisuzaki