[gradsusr] moved server: lost shapes

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Wed Jul 7 09:34:50 EDT 2010

On Jul 7, 2010, at 9:18 AM, Chris Hayes wrote:

> Dear group,
> For performance reasons we are changing host.
> Unfortunately I did not keep track of every file I moved to the old
> server.
>
> The new one has opengrads 2.0.a8.

As far as I know, there is no opengrads version based on COLA's GrADS
2.0.a8. What is the output from 'q config'?

> ·         I lost shp_lines world (‘unknown command shp_lines 1’)
> I cannot get it to work with shp_lines /var/www/vhosts/opengrads/
> data/shapes/world
> In that location I put the world.* files

Try the 'draw shp' command instead, the COLA interface for shapefiles
(introduced in version 2.0.a8) is not the same as the opengrads
interface.
http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomddrawshp.html

> ·         I use a php class that after each request/command waited
> for the response by grads, and this class knew the response always
> ended with </IPC>.
> But now it waits for that tag till the cows come home. And beyond.
> Indefinitely and forever.
> What changed ? How to fix it?
I think this feature is enabled with the -u option on startup, and it
is in COLA's version of GrADS as a hook for opengrads features.
--Jennifer

> Much obliged,
>

> Chris Hayes
> Webdeveloper
>
> <image001.png>    <image002.jpg>
>
> A  Kwekerijweg 2c  | 3709 JA Zeist  |  The Netherlands
>
> T  +31 (0) 88 8786625
> E  c.hayes at meteovista.nl | W  www.weeronline.nl
> <image006.jpg>    twitter.com/weeronline
> MeteoVista is ISO 9001-2008 gecertificeerd.
> Hiermee toont MeteoVista aan, dat zij kwaliteit biedt conform de ISO
> kwaliteitseisen.
>
> <image005.jpg>

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA