WIN GRADS 2.0.a7.oga.3 - Possible Bug

Mark Sponsler msponsler at COMCAST.NET
Fri Jan 22 19:33:41 EST 2010

Hello,
I'm using Grads 2.0.a7.oga.3 on an Win XP box.  All works fine except when
used in conjuction with ImageMagick.

I run my script, then make 2 calls to ImageMagick to combine some of the
output images, then try to do a few simple GRADs cleanup tasks  (increment a
counter, then an endhwhile statement).

The issue is GRADS hangs after the ImageMagick commands and does not
return to run the remainder of the script.

Funny thing is when I run the exact same script under GRADS version 1.9, all
works fine.

Suspect there is some little bugaboo in the compile that prevents the return
call to GRADS after executing the extrenal program.

Here the segment of the code that fails:

      'draw string 10.55 7.45 Precip'
      'draw string 10.55 7.25 (in)'
    endif

*******************************
'printim c:/grib/dods_output/'reg'_'tx'hr.png png -b
c:/grib/dods_output/test.png -t 0 x700 y541 black'

********************************
'!composite.exe -quality 100
c:/grib/output/foreground_ETA_precip_wind/back/'reg'_trans.png
c:/grib/output/'reg'_'tx'hr.png c:/grib/dods_output/test1.png'
'!convert.exe c:/grib/dods_output/test1.png -depth 8 +dither -colors 256
c:/grib/dods_output/'reg'_'tx'hr.png'

tx = (tx+1)
  if tx = 30 ; break ; endif

'clear'